Access and release quarantined emails in Proofpoint
Proofpoint allows End Users, Org Admins, Channel Admins to release quarantined emails.
- Go to the Proofpoint portal.
- Select the Office 365 Account button and sign in to your account.
- Select Logs.
- Select Specific User and then select the email address that has quarantined emails.
- Choose type, date range and select Quarantined for the status. Select Search. This returns a list of all of the quarantined emails that exist for that user within the date range you specified.
- Select on the checkbox to the left of the message that you want to release from quarantine.
- From the Actions drop down, choose Release from Quarantine and click Apply.
It can take up to 24 hours for an email to be released from quarantine to the inbox.
Note: If an error occurs, please wait five minutes and attempt the request again. The "release from quarantine" functionality runs on a five minute schedule and your email may not be ready to be released.
- If you keep having email activity being filtered as spam that shouldn't be, you should report false positives before you release the emails from quarantine. You can do this from the same menu where you release emails from quarantine.
- What is email encryption