Statement of Support – Web Hosting and Business Hosting
Please review the full Statement of Support to learn more about available support for additional products and services.
- Purchasing or renewing Shared Hosting
- Explaining our Shared Hosting features and benefits
- Provisioning your Shared Hosting Account
- Providing DNS settings to connect your domain with your GoDaddy Shared Hosting
- Ensuring that email, web serving, FTP, and the control panel are functioning, accessible and operating as intended1
- Navigating our hosting control panels
- Providing connection settings for your FTP client
- Explaining how to upload files to your website
- Installing third-party apps through your supported control panel
- Backing up a database or website using tools in the supported control panel, Installatron or Plesk Application Vault, or a GoDaddy backup solution
- Providing options and resources for migrating your website to GoDaddy Shared Hosting
- Providing resources and options for installing a GoDaddy Issued SSL certificate on GoDaddy Shared Hosting
- Creating email accounts
- Providing basic settings for your email client
- Any client, script, application or content installed by Customer
- Control panel (Parallels Plesk, or cPanel/WHM) plugins & add-ons
- Applications in the Parallels Plesk Application Vault and/or cPanel Application Catalog
- Installing and ensuring third-party SSL certificates work with GoDaddy Shared Hosting
- Education or training on the operation of Internet technology2
- Configuring your website’s SEO settings
- Creating custom DNS zone files
- Troubleshooting any third-party services
- Helping with any root-level server customizations
- Configuring your email client
- Configuring your FTP client
- Troubleshooting third-party domain registrations
- Troubleshooting private name servers
- Checking for cross-browser compatibility
- Troubleshooting hacks due to customer-controlled vectors
- Identifying root cause of website performance issues - We will ensure that email, web serving, FTP, and your control panel are all functioning and accessible. The customer is fully responsible for the installation and correct operation of any and all scripts and applications. We do not troubleshoot or provide any support relating to malfunctioning scripts or applications.
Data Backup The customer is responsible for executing and maintaining current data backups. We maintain our own data backups for any given server only in the event of disaster. We typically have up to 30 days data retention available except on our cPanel hosting, which has one snapshot available within the past four days; however, we do not guarantee the availability or restoration of any lost data. Restoration of data can be requested from our Expert Services3.
- We do not provide training or education on the operation of any aspect of Internet technology. It is expected that you will have a basic understanding of Internet concepts, such as DNS, email, web, web browsers, FTP, and general computer literacy.
- Expert Services are fee-based services available only from our US-based support teams and are not included with GoDaddy’s free support. To purchase these services, call (480) 463-8824. You can find more information about Expert Services in our Expert Services Menu.